1. Eliminate 4 year old and ups (these horses are in good condition and prime age.)
2. Eliminate any horse that is not the age of 3 (these horses win the most maiden claiming sprints)
3. Look for horse with workouts at 5 or 6 furlongs
4. Keep any horse that finished 3rd or worse last time out ~ exclude 1st or 2nd last time out.
5. Look at horses that dropped 2 clicks last 5 minutes.
6. Bet Horse with best time last out (3rd, 4th, or 5th)~ if you still have more than one horse to choose from.
Its important when using different horse racing betting methods and trying to find an angle to make you profitable to take notes. You should look at the different trainers and what trends that you spot with particular ones. Sometimes you will also notice that when a horse switches to a different track that is better suited for them it wins more often. This is especially important if your at an unfamiliar track. These notes may not pay off that particular day.
I have made money every year from just one angle that I spotted at Aqueduct. By following maidens at Belmont and paying particular attention to maidens that flash early speed in the first quarter but fade and lose. I look for them when they race the first time at Aqueduct and many times, they don’t fade but manage to win because Aqueduct favors their running style and they also have been conditioned by their efforts at Belmont. They often go off at amazing prices. I have a list of trainers that have used this angle in the past and I am ready when they have a horse entered in a race.
So use these tips and strategies to help you win horse races but always be on the lookout for your own as well. These tips on this site have been proven to be profitable and will help you tremendously in your handicapping. Most of them were found but just being very observant and taking notes of trends which should be an everyday practice of a good handicapper.
Share on Facebook